Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Accountable Kids


As a mom I am always looking for ideas to help me be a better mom and how to make daily life run smoother. I have found lately that usually at the end of the day I feel like all I did was yell and waste the day. I have been trying to think of ways to improve this so when a friend of mine told me about Accountable Kids I was curious right away. I went right home and started researching the program and the products that they offer. Accountable Kids is a program geared for kids ages 3-14. It is an amazing program that teaches kids how to be responsible and play an important role in the family in a positive way. Kids are able to clearly understand what their responsibilities are in the home while learning that if you want something you must work for it.


The Accountable Kids program makes this so easy with the products they offer. They offer start up packages that includes a book, DVD, Progress Board, 50 Reminder Cards, 3 blank Reminder Cards, 10 Tickets, 10 Bonus Bucks, 3 Special Date Cards, 4 Best Behavior Cards, and 2 Privilege Passes, and 2 sticker sheets. Also, if you have more than one child you can get additional packages for a discounted rate.


We have now been doing the program for a month now. Right away I found my kids to be super excited about this new system in our home. We had a special family night where we decorated their responsibility boards and went over the program and how it would work and what the rewards were going to be. They were so excited and that is when I could already see that this was going to be such a great thing for our family. I could tell that they were proud of the jobs they were responsible for and were eager to complete their chores each day knowing that they were working towards earning rewards. I also love that I am not constantly having to get after them to do their chores. There is definitely more peace in our home and I love that there is less yelling because the kids already know what the consequences are if they disobey or choose not to do their responsibilities. They will do anything not to loose a privilege pass! :) I love that this program helps my children learn work ethic and responsibility and to feel proud of their accomplishments. I also love the unity it brings to our home by working together as well as spending quality time together for activities and special dates they earn as rewards. I cant say enough good things about this program!! We have only just begun but I am so pleased with the instant positive effects it has brought to our home! If I had to rate this program on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the highest) I would give it a 5+! If you are a mom out there who is looking for positive change in your home you MUST look into this program!


Here is the link to their official site:

No comments:

Post a Comment